SOME RECENT DISRUPTIONS IN ROCHESTER HISTORY
A brief history of disarray at Rochester public events
1. In 2013, 16 people were arrested at the Lilac Festival.
2. In 2010, 2011, and 2012, police closed Ontario Beach Park several times due to large fights.
3. The once-annual Greece Festival for Youth ended permanently in 2010 after a 20-year run. In its final year, festival organizers closed the festival a week early due to repeated bouts of brawling groups of young people.
4. Brawls closed the Irondequoit Regal Cinema in 2013 after fighting broke out mid-movie within a theater. Cinema management closed the theater for the rest of the night.
5. Large-scale fights and rumors of pending violence have also disrupted other popular venues in recent years, including Seabreeze Amusement Park, The Mall at Greece Ridge, the new downtown Transit Center and the Liberty Pole.